History repeats itself! That is a fact in the world of fashion, and you will be learning about that world from the inside out. This class offers:
- An in-depth study of fashion history from the Industrial Revolution to today.
- The opportunity to try your hand at fashion design. Incorporating Elements and Principles of Design into your drawings/sketches.
- Use of current technology from the industry for construction and design.
- The ins and outs of fibers and fabrics.
- An introductory sewing class where you will learn how to use a sewing machine,constructing small projects such as bags and pillows, and finally a garment project such as PJ pants or a skirt.
SAmple student work:
Patchwork Pillow Drawstring Bag